Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I had a revelation today. I was listening to a song about opening and closing the doors to our thoughts. And I contemplated how that works. How it literally feels like a door is closed when you finally resolve your feelings about something. To this, I thought about things I'm still a little unresolved about and still not over. Then I imagined a doorway leading me to those thoughts. I immediately slammed the door in my head. I just imagined slamming the door on all the self doubt and self loathing and I'm not good enough or pretty enough bull shit. I just slammed it. And I felt better. I felt like it was all literal. And that brought some release as the weight of those unresolved feelings just drifted quickly away in response to the closed door. Does that make sense? If it does, you should try it.




No comments:

Post a Comment