Thursday, June 25, 2009

Money doesn't grow on trees


So, who hates just how much money matters? I certainly do. I've reached the point in my life where I can't continue to depend on my parents for money. It really sucks, but it is not a terrible place to be, because i'm learning how to work hard and make it on my own. Still, I hate slaving away and seeing pathetic little $5 bills as the fruit of my labor.

There are so many things I want to do to enhance my life, but can't because I just don't have enough money. I want to go on a life changing road trip with my friend of all friends Kaitlyn, but I also have to buy textbooks. I want to invest in a neat and eclectic wardrobe to show off my looks and make good impressions, but I can't because there are still so many more important things I ahve to save up for.

I don't mean to come across as a money obsessed fool who can't appreciate the simple pleasures, but all the responsibilities I have to pay for are turning me into exactly that. And I really hate it.

If money weren't an option I'd go buy a red sun dress, get a chic haircut, give kaitlyn money for gas, and drive with her all the way across the country to Portland where we'd maybe camp out at a camp ground or spend the night at a little bed and breakfast drinking delicious cocktails and get sloppy drunk.


Oh oh oh.


1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. Just yesterday my dad was talking about how after I get my associates I should be out on my own. The thought of being on my own with no parent to support me is terrifying. It made me feel like I need to get a job right now and start saving for when I have to be on my own. We are really becoming adults and it makes me fucking sick to my stomach. I don't want money for anyting except to travel. We will find someway to make our road trip work. We will have more than one! We will be all over the country. You are not a money obsessed fool and even though we all hate it we have to have money in this world.

    ReplyDelete